Thursday 29 April 2010

A peek into the future…

 

So what do I want to get out of university?

Um.

When I was doing my A-levels, and then my foundation, all of my friends had plans to go on to university. I was the only one who hated the idea. I was terrified of leaving home, I couldn't imagine living away from my parents and friends and did not want to share my kitchen with dirty students. So now I sound all snooty  and spoilt, but hey, I’m just telling the truth.

I sat down and looked at job prospects… in Dunstable. Oh boy, did my mind do a U-turn. The thought of working in Asda for the rest of my life made me feel sick to the stomach and to be frank, Dunstable is a dump. So I want a better future. How can I make that happen? By being as employable as I possibly can be. Which leads on to my next point…

I want to be in an industry where I can be creative. To be honest, I just want to draw. I picked a game art course because it had the most potential to make my portfolio accessible for a range of employers. I haven’t got my heart set on the games industry, as of yet. Don't get me wrong, the games industry sounds like an incredible place to work. The creativity needed is just astounding, and I love the thought of working with like minded individuals… But at the moment I am happy trying to be the best I can be. If that leads me into another creative job, you won’t hear me complaining.

tumblr_kyxfjxkZv51qzdeblo1_400To do this, I know I need to put my all in. I want to take this opportunity and run with it. I want to build my confidence in both my work, and myself. I want to be able to work efficiently, and create my own distinctive style.

So many wants…

I feel like I have so much potential. I am really excited tbh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited too! You've got a got head on your shoulders :D

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete